Wednesday 21 March 2012

Pigskin colour blending...

So I'd been practicing colour blending through some tribal patterns last week on the pigskin, I finally decided (with a little push) to try colour blending on a rose design and this is what I managed...
Still a long way to go but it's a start! I've been colour blending blues today, the problem with the pigskin is that the lighter colours stain the dark colours straight away and you end up with a washed out looking tattoo, the reds weren't too bad but the blues today were terrible, I'll be trying the blues again tomorrow...
Standing watching John tattoo today made me realise what a crazy and awesome job this is, making permanent art on people skin, its amazing! I can't wait :D
Also today I've been talking to another apprentice (hi Alicia!) and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one going through the things I am, its nice to have someone else to talk to about the learning process, we can swap tips and discuss things we're finding hard, it makes me feel less crazy!
And finally I'm looking forward to this weekend because I have some time off, I'm going to a wedding (nothing to wear, eekkk!) and then next week Chris (the bf) is getting tattooed in Hull and I'll be going with him, so it'll be tattooed, wedding holiday fun for me, yey, can't wait for the break! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment